Welcome and thank you for choosing Dr. Spiegel as your healthcare provider. We look forward to meeting you virtually. Please follow the instructions below to set up your virtual consult.
After Completing the Consult Request
- Sign up for MyChart www.houstonmethodist.org/mychart.
- Download the MyChart application to your phone or tablet only. You can find the app on your device in the app store. Read and accept the terms and then search and select Houston Methodist Hospital.
IMPORTANT: You cannot use a laptop or personal computer for this type of visit.
- Our office staff will contact you to discuss your needs and complete a medical history intake form.
- After scheduling your appointment you will receive an email from our office with further instructions to help prepare for your visit.
- You will receive a notification from MyChart to complete a consent form for your visit. You will find the consent under “forms” or “messages”.
What to Do Prior to Your Visit
- Test camera and microphone on your phone or table to ensure that it is working correctly.
- Please take 4 photos.
- Photos should include from chin to mid-thigh.
- One facing the camera with your arms at your side and shoulders relaxed.
- One facing the camera with your arms at your side with your forearms and hands behind you.
- One side view of the right-with your arms at your side.
- One side view of the left-with your arms at your side.
- You will receive a call from our office staff approximately 45 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to help you get ready for your visit and answer any questions you may have.
For Your Visit
- Please choose a safe, private, and secure location where you are comfortable discussing your personal health and there is no background noise.
- Do not connect to your visit while you are driving.
- For best video and sound quality use a strong network connection via WiFi.
What to Expect at Your Virtual Consult
- Make sure your phone or tablet is adequately charged or plugged in.
- Please undress for your appointment and cover up with a bathrobe in preparation for your consult.
- Check in for your appointment 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment by clicking on the calendar icon in your MyChart app.
- Click on the camera next to your video visit.
- Click “begin visit” to check in and wait for your provider to join.
After Your Visit
You will be able to review your after-visit summary AVS one hour after the video consult and can be found within your appointment in MyChart.
What Do I Do If?
- If your provider can’t hear you, check to ensure your mute button is not on.
- If the call is disconnected from the video feed, disconnect and reconnect to the visit.
- For trouble connecting, please call the support line at (713) 441-7265.