Injectables: Neuromodulators & Fillers
Injectables and fillers are non-surgical treatments that reduce the appearance of fine lines and can be used to balance facial features. This is a simple and quick procedure that is performed in the office by injecting the product into specific targeted areas.
he two main types of injectables provided in our office include neuromodulators and fillers.
- These are injectable treatments like botox, XEOMIN® and Dysport®
- These injections are neurotoxins that work by temporarily relaxing the muscles of the face that with repeated contraction can lead to unwanted expression lines
- Targeted injections into specific muscles of the face will relax the muscles resulting in the smoothing of expression lines, or a slight change to the facial features, such as a brow lift
- These are injectable treatments like JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, RADIESSE®, and BELOTERO BALANCE®
- Dermal fillers are injectable gel-like substances that are used to fill targeted areas of the face
- Filler can be used to:
- restore lost volume
- smooth the appearance of lines and creases
- enhance facial contour and features
here are many formulations available to help treat your specific areas of concern without the need for an invasive procedure. During your consultation, specific products will be chosen to tailor your treatment plan to address your specific needs.
JUVÉDERM® XC formulation is used to correct moderate to severe wrinkles, such as nasolabial folds (lines between the nose and the corners of the mouth), marionette lines, and lines in the corners of the mouth. Results can last up to one year.
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC is used to treat moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose. Results can last up to 18 months.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC augments the lips and smooths vertical fine lines around the mouth. Results can last up to one year.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is used to add volume to cheeks that have lost fullness due to age. Results can last up to two years.
Restylane® Silk is used to add volume and definition to the lips while also smoothing fine lines.
Restylane® Lyft™ filler is used to add volume to the cheeks and hands when they have lost volume due to aging.
Restylane® Defyne™ formulation is used to treat deep lines such as nasolabial folds and laugh lines.
Restylane® Refyne™ subtly softens marionette lines and nasolabial folds.
BELOTERO BALANCE® integrates with your skin tissues to treat nasolabial folds, vertical lip lines, parentheses around the mouth, smile lines, and chin wrinkles.
RADIESSE® contains calcium hydroxylapatite spheres that add volume immediately and stimulate collagen production over time. This is used for deep wrinkles and folds on the face and to add volume to hands.
XEOMIN® is a neuromodulator similar to BOTOX® Cosmetic that is used to immobilize small facial muscles in order to smooth fine lines and wrinkles between the brows and on the forehead.
Dysport® is another compound similar to BOTOX® Cosmetic; this is also used to smooth facial wrinkles.
Candidates for injectable treatments are those who would like a simple procedure with minimal to no down time and who may not require surgical intervention to achieve a great result. During your consultation, you will meet with an experienced provider to develop a plan that targets your specific goals, whether those may be to restore a more youthful appearance, improve facial balance, and/or enhance your facial features.
Benefits of injectable treatments:
- Improved facial contour and balanced facial features
- Restoration of a more youthful appearance
- Treatment plan is customized to address patient specific concerns
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Very little discomfort and no downtime
- Results are apparent quickly
Though complications from injectable treatments are rare, they can include:
- Bruising at the injection site
- Swelling at the injection site
- Allergic reaction
- Asymmetry, which may require the use of additional product
Injectable treatments and dermal fillers do not involve incisions or invasive techniques. Patients can return to their usual routines immediately following the treatment. Local side effects like bruising, swelling, redness, and tenderness may persist for a few hours. These can be lessened with cold compresses and over-the-counter pain medication. Patients should refrain from strenuous exercise for 24 hours, as this may increase the chance of headaches.
In the hands of an experienced provider, the results of injectables are excellent and can quickly be appreciated by the patient.
Fillers result in instant volume that enhance facial contour and results can last between 6 months to two years, depending upon the patient and product used. The full effect of injectable neuromodulator therapy can take up to 10-14 days to be fully appreciated and typically lasts between three to four months.
Results can be easily maintained with routine follow up and a specific recommended treatment plan will be discussed during your consultation.